The Ninth Floor of Turnky Tower is home to Munari Bakula. It contains four Science Fiction themed rooms.
Animated Scene From Official WebsiteEdit
- Main Room
- Picture Caption: "The future appeared to be curvier"
- Animation: Arcing between electrodes.
- The numbers 1010100 appear on a machine in the main room. If this in binary, the decimal equivalent is 84.
- In the story, upon entering the apartment Dodge and Gus are "transported" to the future, with Munari remarking "2308. September 18, to be precise." The date would be 9/18/2308. That's on a Friday.
- The word "one" is written in wire next to the elevator shaft.
- Stolen Item From Another Floor: The statue by Rosa Tse-Levy on the Third Floor is in the laundry basket in the bedroom.
- Missing Item Found On Another Floor: Munari's anti-gravity boots (green galoshes) might be found on the Eighth Floor. But the red and blue boots (with wire in sole) on the First Floor between the desk and the blackboard look more like anti-gravity boots.
- Pink Doughnuts: Kitchen Floor
- Eye: The crop circles from irrigation could be made to look like eyes. There are several near the location where Interstate 84 nearly intersects Idaho State Highway 81.
- Shower head: The shower stall is a police call box, like Dr. Who's time machine in the British sci fi tv show. They are called TARDIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS)
- Snake: It's not a literal snake, but a wire looks like a snake biting its tail (or an infinity sign? a number 8?) on top of the machine on the other side of the wall from Bakula's pillow.
- Leak: Bakula's shrink ray appears to be made from a watering can. It's not a literal leak, but may be a clue to the larger motif of dripping, leaking water.
Other Items of InterestEdit
Science Fiction ThemesEdit
- Logans Run
- Star Wars
- Star Trek
- Doctor Who
- 2001: A Space Odysssey
- F.R.I.T.Z. 9000 may refer to Fritz Lang, director of Metropolis
- Orange Tang is visible in the kitchen (and is served to Gus and Dodge by Betamax) -- famous as an astronaut's drink
- Munari Bakula: MOON-ari Bakula. As in Scott Bakula who was in Quantum Leap, Star Trek: Enterprise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Bakula)
State - Highway - MileEdit
A copy of The Clock Without a Face can be seen on the Fifth Floor. Residents Vera Mazel & Josie Grey are self-described puzzle people. When discussing the book, Vera asks for help saying that she had found the state and the mile, but can't find the highway. This has lead to the speculation that each buried number can be found by deducing a state, highway, and mile for each floor using clues found on each floor. The following section can be used for documenting any speculation as to which state, mile, and highway to which this floor may hint.
- A translated version of Idaho's state motto, "Esto Perpetua," appears in the apartment: "It is Forever."
- Interstate 84 (1010100 on a machine) runs through Idaho
- About one mile (because of the "one" written in the wire) south of the Oregon/Idaho border on Hwy 84 is an eye-shaped road. This site has been searched multiple times by multiple people, so it is unlikely that it is the location of a number. The eighth mile is also a possible solution, seeing as it appears in the wires.
Possible Dig SitesEdit
- Site: Idaho
- Reasoning: A translated version of Idaho's state motto, "Esto Perpetua," appears in the apartment: "It is Forever."